2017 Vermont Tech Jam: Coffee + Confidence
Friday, October 20, 10-11:30 a.m.
Vermont’s fastest-growing and most innovative companies gather under one roof at this rockin’ career and tech expo. At Vermont Tech Jam, you'll get cybersecurity tips, learn how Vermont companies are using the Internet of Things, find out about colleges and training programs, and meet dozens of local companies in health care, energy efficiency, robotics and advanced manufacturing that can offer you your next great gig. For a list of exhibitors and event schedule at the Vermont Tech Jam, click here.
While you're there, check out Coffee and Confidence — hosted by Change The Story VT...
Coffee + Confidence
This workshop is open to women and nonbinary individuals of all ages. Participants will get tools and takeaways to help them pursue the tech field, interview for that next job, find a career that fits and negotiate salaries. Following a brief panel discussion, attendees may attend two mini sessions.
- Lindsey Lathrop, FromWithin Coaching and Change The Story VT
- Sara Mellinger: Marketing Manager, Logic Supply
- Rachel Kauppila: Job Developer, VT Works for Women
- Jessica Nordhaus: Consultant for Strategy & Partnerships, Change The Story VT / Co-Founder of the Greater Burlington Women's Forum
- Amy Kakalec: Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, Cox Enterprises (Dealer.com)
Mini Sessions (20 minutes long, attendees may attend two):
- The Art of Salary Negotiation with Lindsey Lathrop
- Prep for An Interview with Amy Kakalec
- Pursuing the Tech Field with Olivia Bartelheim, Inbound/Technical Sales and Gaby Ransom, Account Manager, Logic Supply
- Finding A Career That Fits with Rachel Kauppila